What to expect when you’re expecting bread
We ship our breads using two business day service. Each of our breads comes wrapped in a paper bread bag. If you’ll be eating it within a few days, store it on the counter. You can also wrap it in plastic and freeze it for longer storage (up to three months).
Do not be alarmed if the bread seems hard or dry… our crust is the best (and only!) preservative in our bread. It’s almost magical how well it returns to that “fresh-baked” status with a little time in the oven. Crispy, thick crust; soft, chewy crumb inside.
The “bread revival” instructions are written on that paper bread bag for the best and most flavorful results. We suggest putting in a 350 degree oven for approximately 15 minutes. When it’s ready it tastes like it just came out of our Bakehouse oven!
How to heat your bread
Our breads are completely baked, heating is not necessary. But you might want to. It makes magic happen, like they just came out of the Bakehouse oven.
Starting with frozen bread? Let it defrost on the counter for 30 minutes then follow these instructions.
1. Heat your oven to 350 degrees
2. Take the bread out of the bag
3. Throw the whole, half, or part of the loaf on the oven rack naked
4. Leave it until it’s hot the whole way through — about 15-20 minutes
5. Take time to smell the roses, or, better, the amazing aroma coming out of your oven