Make a Video, Go to Italy
Zingerman’s Balsamic Video Contest
FAQ and Contest Rules
Who can enter?
How to enter
Contest legal rules
Prize details top
Two round trip tickets to Bologna Airport from a main U.S. airport.
Accommodation of one night in four star Locanda del Feudo hotel in the village Castelvetro. www.locandadelfeudo.it. Of course winner is welcome to stay longer at this hotel or another place but additional expenses will be winner’s to pay.
La Vecchia Dispensa Balsamic Co. arranges flight and hotel details in concert with winner.
Trip must occur between September 1, 2010 and November 30, 2010. You may stay as long as you'd like during that period.
One day of visit in Castelvetro with guide in English, that includes:
Observe Parmigiano Reggiano cheese production
Tour La Vecchia Dispensa balsamic acetaia with private tasting lesson about the balsamic vinegar
Local museum of History
Guided tour in the old village of Castelvetro
Transfers, including to and from Bologna airport.
Any other nights’ accommodations.
Winner will be not part of a group.
Prize has no cash value.
Who can enter? top
Anyone over 18 can enter.
You do not need to be a customer. You do not need to make a purchase.
You may enter if you are an employee. We have two prizes. One will be reserved for non-employees. One will be for employees. The two groups will be judged separately.
How to enter top
Make a video under 3 minutes long involving balsamic vinegar (no purchase necessary).
Post on YouTube.
Email to email@example.com with your link to its posting on YouTube.
Once video is received, we’ll email a registration form that, once you fill out and return to us, confirms your entry.
Entry deadline 9pm ET March 31, 2010.
Winner announced April 30, 2010.
Winner notified by May 14, 2010.
Winner signs to accept prize by May 28, 2010.
Disqualification criteria top
We will ask you to remove your video if it has any of these problems.
Winner criteria top
The judges give high marks to cleverness, fun and creativity.
Brevity. No points taken off for a short video.
The connection to balsamic can be slim. It doesn’t need to be a commercial for balsamic. Just a clever riff on it is enough.
View counts and viewer ratings will be included in the evaluation.
Contest legal rules top
1. Zingerman’s Mail Order, LLC and Zingerman’s Delicatessen, Inc. (collectively “Sponsor”) are sponsoring this video contest. Void where prohibited by law. No purchase is required to enter the contest.
2. The contest begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 17, 2010 and ends at 9:00 PM ET on March 31, 2010.
3. Create a video under three minutes. Each submission will be considered one "entry". Be creative!
4. This contest is open only to individuals who submit original, personally created videos. At the time of entry, you must be 18 or older.
6. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Submission of an entry means you agree to be bound by the terms of these contest rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this contest.
7. You may enter the contest as many times as you want. You must complete a contest registration form for each video submitted.
8. Sponsor will select one winner from all entries, based on originality, expression, and video content. All decisions of Sponsor are final. The winner will be notified by e-mail, phone call and/or mail, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
9. The winner will be awarded two round-trip coach airline tickets to Bologna, Italy and a guided-tour of Vecchia Dispensa’s balsamic vinegar manufacturing operation. All expenses related to lodging, meals, transportation (other than the two round-trip coach airline tickets) and other incidental expenses incurred on the trip are the responsibility of the winner. Travel must occur between September 1, 2010 and November 30, 2010.
10. The winner will be selected on or about April 30, 2010 and will be notified on or about May 15, 2010. It is the responsibility of the winner to respond to the winning notification within 14 days or the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. In the event that the winner is unable or unwilling to accept the prize, an alternate winner will be selected. Prior to delivery of any prize, the winner will be required to complete and sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability/publicity release and grant of license, which must be returned within 14 days of, attempted prize notification or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. In the event of noncompliance with these rules, or if a prize or prize notification is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
11. The prize is not transferable. No substitution of the prize is permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Any federal, state, or local taxes on the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
12. All videos entered become the exclusive property of Sponsor.
14. Submission of a video constitutes your representation and warranty that all sounds, words, text, images, music, or other material included is original, or in the public domain, has not been published, broadcast, or otherwise publicly distributed previously, and does not infringe and is not subject to any claim that it violates the intellectual property or other rights of any third-party.
15. Entries will be void if Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, deems them lewd or offensive. No profanity or nudity. Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prize if Sponsor determines that no entry is qualified.
16. You are solely responsible for obtaining from all applicable individuals or entities any and all required rights, releases, consents, clearances, licenses, and other authorizations (collectively referred to as “Releases”) necessary to use the video, without monetary compensation, in any and all media, including, but not limited to the following: (a) location releases; (b) releases from any person whose name, voice, likeness, or persona is referenced, shown, or otherwise used in the video; and (c) signatures of the parent or legal guardian if any of the individuals in the video are under the age of majority. You will be required to assign and provide the Releases to Sponsor.
17. By submitting a video, you warrant and agree that the video and all elements contained in the video do not infringe on any copyright owned by another and that the content of the video is within the bounds of the fair use doctrine.
18. Sponsor reserves the right, but is not obligated, to verify that all necessary clearances have been obtained, prior to selecting the video as the winner. Sponsor may disqualify any submitted video at any time if all necessary releases have not been obtained or if the contest requirements have not been fulfilled.
19. By entering, you release and agree to defend and to indemnify Sponsor and Sponsor’s affiliates, directors, members, officers, employees, and agents from any all liability for any claims, injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the video, the contest, and/or the receipt, use, or misuse of the prize.
20. You hereby release Sponsor from liability for any loss or damage related to the video and the contest. By entering, you grant to Sponsor the right, license, and permission to reproduce, edit, adapt, modify, disseminate, distribute, perform, display the video in any audio or audiovisual format, including without limitation, DVD, CD, video, audio tape, digital audio transmission, download, web cast, podcast, broadcast, and/or telecast, whether digital or analog, anywhere in the world. You further represent to Sponsor that you have full right and authority to grant the rights, licenses, and permissions herein being granted to Sponsor. This grant is given without monetary consideration. You understand and agree that Sponsor may receive revenues from the video and that you have no rights to share in any of these proceeds.
21. You grant to Sponsor the unqualified, unrestricted, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, and royalty-free right to use your name, logo, marks, or other distinctive identification in connection with promoting or marketing the contest or its theme and in future materials of Sponsor.
22. The rights described herein begin immediately upon submission of the video. Sponsor has no obligation to post or display any submitted video and may at its discretion remove any submitted video at any time.
23. The contest is subject to all applicable federal laws and regulations and the laws of the State of Michigan. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Michigan for any causes or controversies that may arise.
24. Sponsor reserves the right to void entries that Sponsor deems associated with electronic or non-electronic tampering. Sponsor is not responsible for printing, typographical, human, or other errors of any kind, including, but not limited to, electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission. Sponsor is not responsible for theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind. Sponsor is not responsible for inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. Should technical difficulties arise that compromise the integrity of the contest, Sponsor may cancel, modify, or suspend the contest without notice.
25. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the contest without further obligation. In such event, Sponsor may, but has no obligation, to award a prize from among all valid and eligible entries received prior to such action.
26. For the winner's name log onto www.zingermans.com on or about May 15, 2010. The name of the winner will be available on the website for a period of up to 30 days.
27. Zingerman’s Mail Order, LLC and Zingerman’s Delicatessen, Inc. are sponsoring this video contest. Written correspondence to Sponsor should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by US Mail to Zingerman’s, 610 Phoenix Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, Attention: Balsamic Vinegar Video Contest Administrator. YouTube.com is not associated or affiliated with this contest in any manner.
28. For the complete official rules and any additional information regarding the contest, go to www.zingermans.com.